CONTUFILT-M TUBULAR - The ZERO HOLDUP CATALYST FILTER
Contufilt –M outside-in filtration for polishing and removing solids, carbon and catalysts in hydrogenation slurry filtration. The systems are back washable and easy to use and maintain. The mechanism is either to remove the catalyst from fluid streams or re-slurry and send them back to the reactor.
Features and Benefits
- Zero Hold Up Design for 100% Catalyst recovery
- Closed system: Helps reduce operator exposure to hazardous materials
- Accessibility: Easy access to elements from top
- Compact Design: Element bundle is removable as an assembly
- Coded Vessels: Filter areas up to 200 m2, withstands differential pressure as high as 300 Kg/cm2. Designed generally in accordance with ASME section VIII.
The system consists of a number of equally sized pressure vessels each containing an equal area of Porous metal cartridges arranged in multi-cylindrical form. The vessel performs the specific functions of filtration, in-situ reverse flow, gas assisted discharge of collected catalyst and when required, an in-situ soak to re-slurry the catalyst if required.
The mechanism of filtration is a direct interception of catalyst particles on the surface of the Porous metal filter. This initial capture starts and enhances the capture of all other particles 2 micrometer and larger. This ongoing formation of a surface cake continues to build- up to a depth of 3 mm or greater depending on the cake resistance and characteristic.
- Offers ultimate particle retention, back-washability, solids capacity and strength
- Can be used in conjunction with filter aids for difficult filtration applications
The porous metal backwash filter system is used in slurry Hydrogenation chemical reactions to remove catalyst solids for improved product quality and reduced operating costs.
The housing is designed for:
- the specified pressure at the temperature given in the technical specifications
- even flow distribution,
- specified element spacing for cake build up, and
- easy access for change-out (i.e., a solids sump area for catalyst capture).
The filter housing is made of SS 316 with Nozzles for inlet, outlet, drain, backwash fluid, vent, and pressure taps with suitable connection size and type for proper operation as per the flow parameters specified.
The initial clean pressure drop across the filter elements and housing is around : 300 mBar
The housing is designed and fabricated, generally in accordance with the ASME Boiler Pressure Vessel Code, Section VIII, Division 1.
Testing if required: Special requirements for non-destructive testing like radiography, liquid penetrant inspection, magnetic particle inspection, leak testing, etc. should be specified as required, and is charged extra. The entire filter system is hydrostatically tested in accordance with ASME Code, Section VIII, Division 1.
A filter element integrity test should be performed on all filter elements prior to shipment using a nondestructive "Bubble Point Test" that has been correlated to a destructive challenge with test contaminant to certify it meets the rated efficiency.Applications and Uses
- The Ideal for polishing filter applications
- Pt/C, PD/C, Raney Nickel Metal catalysts
- Inorganic bromide salts
- Copper Chromite catalyst recovery
- Ion exchange filtration applications